I added what was then the one and a half year old Artifact Bags to Handmade Lookup back in July of 2011 on the basis of the beautiful bags being created by shop owner Chris Hughes. And, when I recently moved the Artifact Bags entry over to the new Handmade Lookup, I was pleased to see the shop is doing well, and that Hughes continues to offer high-quality stylishly functional bags. Artifact Bags offers a large selection of totes in various styles, sizes, and colors.
The duck canvas Campus Tote featured here has a water-resistant finish and a front pocket that will fit an iPad or other similarly sized tablet or journal.
- The leather-trimmed waxed canvas lunch bag sized Lunch Tote can be used for more than just toting your lunch to work.
- The 11 x 13 inch waxed canvas Carry Tote can be easily carried by hand or as a shoulder bag.
- The 13 x 16 inch waxed canvas Utility Tote is a great grocery or shopping bag.
- The 12 x 15 inch messenger-style Field Bag, in waxed cotton twill, has two front pockets and lets you pack in lots of stuff for easy carrying.
- The 13 x 18 inch waxed canvas and leather Garden/Tool Tote is hand carried for serious toting and shopping.
These bags are all handmade in Omaha, Nebraska. Trim and fastenings are Horween leather and solid copper and brass rivets and hardware.